Microsoft is one of the largest and most influential companies in the technology industry. Founded in 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen, it has become a multinational company that operates in more than 190 countries around the world. With a market capitalization of more than $2 billion dollars, Microsoft is one of the most important technological giants of today.
Since its foundation in 1975, Microsoft has launched a wide range of technological products and services. Some of the most important products launched include:
- Windows operating system: Windows is an operating system that has been the dominant operating system in personal computers for decades. Since its launch in 1985, Windows has been improved and updated frequently to adapt to the changing needs of users.
- Office: Office is a suite of productivity applications that includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more. Office is used by millions of people all over the world to perform daily tasks of work, study and leisure.
- Xbox: Xbox is a video game console that was launched by Microsoft in 2001. Since then, Xbox has become one of the most popular video game consoles on the market.
- Surface: Surface is a line of hybrid devices that combine the functions of a tablet and a portable computer. Surface was launched for the first time in 2012 and has become a popular alternative to traditional portable computers.
- Bing: Bing is an online search engine that was launched by Microsoft in 2009. Bing has become a popular alternative to Google and has been integrated into a wide range of Microsoft products and services.
- Microsoft Teams: Microsoft Teams is a team collaboration application that allows users to chat, share files and hold online meetings. Microsoft Teams was launched in 2017 and has become a popular alternative to other team collaboration applications.
- Internet Explorer: Internet Explorer was one of the first web browsers and was launched by Microsoft in 1995.
- Visual Studio: Visual Studio is a suite of software development tools that allows programmers to create applications and services on a wide range of platforms.
- Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge is a web browser launched in 2015 as a replacement for Internet Explorer.
- Skype: Skype is an online messaging and calling application that was acquired by Microsoft in 2011.
- Dynamics: Dynamics is a line of business management solutions that include Dynamics 365, Dynamics GP and Dynamics AX.
- OneDrive: OneDrive is a service in the cloud of storage and synchronization of files that allows users to access their files from any place and device.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a social networking platform for professionals that was acquired by Microsoft in 2016.
These are just some of the products and services launched by Microsoft since its foundation. The company has launched many other products over the years, including hardware, security software, cloud services and more.